Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ozcor Remote Car Starter Installation

“Giorni memorabili” di Michael Cunnigham

I finished the first chapter of this book wondering what would happen to the characters appeared in over one hundred pages, all involved in the life of a strange boy who worked in the New York mid-nineteenth century.

So with expectation and worry (because Cunningham is fantastic to know to create empathy between the reader and the characters in the story) I started the second chapter.
I found myself in front of a woman of today, in modern New York.
And several pages looking for links between the two stories, a clue that would tell me what was the fate of the characters I had learned to love in the previous chapter.
only response I got to my first point of interest. Meanwhile
read and wondered why that chapter was like a thriller.
of Cunningham I know some work, I know that is very good in structuring a plot, to allow the reader to enter the character's head and follow the vicissitudes of personal. Yet this does
thriller and I found myself glued to this novel for a few days time to finish the second chapter.
and these terms at a crossroads. Again
curious to know what would happen and sure, this time to get answers. D’altronde l’autore nei suoi libri era sempre stato incentrato sul passato recente e sul presente…

Inizia il terzo capitolo e mi ritrovo nella New York del futuro. E il protagonista di questa storia è un androide.
Stanco di pormi domande mi sono lasciato andare, mi sono goduto il viaggio che l’autore ha narrato.

Il libro l’ho finito, anzi l’ho divorato.

Non so dirvi a che genere appartenga e, sinceramente, poco importa.
So che è una storia (perché, ve lo assicuro, è un’unica storia) che vale la pena raccontare.
So che è difficile trovare un filo conduttore valido come quello creato da Cunnigham per legare storie di diverso genere.
Ora so che Cunnigham è un autore molto migliore, molto più versatile di quanto avessi potuto immaginare.
Ora ricordo che un romanzo non deve fornirci tutte le risposte che abbiamo cercato nelle sue pagine, che una storia può anche non finire.
Ora ricordo che vale sempre la pena ascoltare chi ha da raccontare dei “giorni memorabili”.


Mauro Biancaniello


Abbiamo parlato di “Giorni memorabili” di Michael Cunnigham – edito da Bompiani nella collana “Tascabili Bompiani”

0 comments:

Post a Comment